8 Things to Check at a Final Walk Through for Northeast Ohio Home Buyers
A Final Walk Through is a common pre-closing step for Northeast Ohio Home Buyers. People frequently ask, "What should I look for during the final walk through?" Here's a reference list of 8 items to look for during the final walk through.
- Agreed Upon Items - If your contract included agreed upon items such as draperies, gas logs, window units, or other such items, you'll want to make sure those are in place.
- Appliances - If the appliances are staying with the home, make sure they're in working order. Turn the stove on, start the microwave, do a quick dishwasher run, and so on for each included appliance.
- Mechanics - Check to make sure the house mechanics are in working order. House mechanics include such items as the furnace, hot water tank, air conditioner, sump pump, septic systems, and well systems.
- Repairs - Check to make sure any agreed upon repairs have been completed and collect the receipts for work performed.
- Termite / Pest Treatment - If this is required as part of your loan or has been agreed upon, collect the receipt for treatment performed and look to see if there are signs of a continuing problem (for example, mice droppings).
- Water Leaks or Issues - Check the sinks, basement, ceilings, and hot water tank for any leaks or signs of a new issue.
- General Damage - Take a look around to make sure the house has not been recently damaged in some way (e.g. holes in the walls, door frames broken from moving furniture, storm damage).
- Permanently Attached Items - Check to make sure these items are in tact and have not been removed. This would be items like built in shelves, mirrors, wall mounts for TV's, and so on.
The purpose of the final walk through for Northeast Ohio Home Buyers is to verify that the property is in the same condition at the time of the signed purchase agreement, with the exception of normal wear and tear, and conditions have been met.
If an issue arises from the final walk through, follow the procedures outlined in the contract or walk through addendum.
*If you have a legal question, seek legal coucil.
Call Team Pappas at 440) 497-0631
Email Team Pappas at Pappashomesales@gmail.com
Use our Website at NEOhioHomeInfo.com
Connect with us on our Facebook Page
Copyright © by Christine Pappas 2014 *ALL RIGHTS RESERVED*
*8 THINGS TO CHECK AT A FINAL WALK THROUGH FOR NE OHIO HOME BUYERS*
CRS- CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL SPECIALITS
SRES- SENIOR REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST
REDS- REAL ESTATE DIVORCE SPECIALIST
REALTOR®- MEMBER OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Women's Council of REALTORS®
eXp CERTIFIED MENTOR
Christine Pappas | Ohio Real Estate Agent
Serving the Greater Cleveland Area, Cuyahoga, Geauga & Lake Counties of Northeast Ohio